God's Word is Powerful

God's Word is Powerful

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

WHO AM I?

Nobody wanted Joe on their team. The captains took turns picking people and the last captain to  pick ended up with Joe.  I’m sure he must have wondered why nobody wanted him. Have you ever felt like that?  Have you ever felt that nobody wanted you or was interested in you?  I have applied for jobs and been turned down many times for all kinds of reasons.  And when you have been rejected time after time it gets discouraging and you wonder why nobody sees your value and worth.  That is why Ephesians 1 is so encouraging to me as a Christian.  This chapter is full of incredible theology and amazing truths. But I want to focus on the following on the following verses briefly. 
 
Ephesians 1:4 (NIV) For he chose us in him before the creation of the world...

Ephesians 1:5  (NIV)... In love [5] he predestined us to be adopted... 

Ephesians 1:11  (NET) In Christ we too have been claimed as God’s own possession...

No matter what is happening around me, no matter what I may be feeling if I am born again and I have put my faith and Trust in Jesus these amazing verses say some powerful things. God chose me before the world was even in existence.  That is something that should boggle our minds.  The God of the Universe CHOSE ME.  The next verse goes on to make clear that out of God’s incredible Love He chose us to be adopted.  On one level the word predestined means that the decision to adopt me was made way ahead of time (marked out beforehand).  But adopted means to be brought into the family with all the rights of sons.  The next word is found in the NET translation of vs. 11 which sais we have been “claimed as God’s own possession”.  It is possible that others do not see my worth or value but God has claimed me as His OWN.  What an incredible God He chose me, Adopted me, and Claimed me.  We must also remember that God made all of this possible by crushing His own Son.  Jesus paid the price for our sins so that we could be chosen, adopted, and claimed.  That should take our breath away. What an amazing God we have.

PRAYER: Lord God thank You for choosing, adopting, and claiming me as Your own. Thank You that I belong to You.  Help me Lord God when I am discouraged or down or when I wonder about myself to remember the TRUTH of Your word and to Rejoice in Who I am because of What You have done.  

Who am I? That the Lord of all the earth,
Would care to know my name, would care to feel my hurt.
Who am I? That the bright and morning star,
Would choose to light the way, For my ever wandering heart?

Not because of who I am, but because of what you've done.
Not because of what I've done, but because of who you are.

I am a flower quickly fading, Here today and gone tomorrow.
A wave tossed in the ocean, a vapor in  the wind.
Still you hear me when I'm calling, Lord you catch me when I'm falling,
And you told me who I am.     I am yours.    I am yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment