God's Word is Powerful

God's Word is Powerful

Friday, September 30, 2011

WHY SAY AMEN?

Well, here we are it is almost October. The weather makes me think that Fall has finally come. I love the changing seasons, the constant progression from Spring to Summer, to Fall, to Winter. I have to admit though, I wouldn’t miss winter all that much if it disappeared. But Winter is a great contrast for Spring; and when Winter changes to Spring, I love watching everything come alive again.  When it comes to the promises of God, I’m so Glad they do not change. Every promise that God has made - He has kept. There is not one example of something He promised that He had to take back or change. What an amazing God we have! Let’s look together at what this verse says about God’s promises.

2 Corinthians 1:20 (ESV) For all the promises of God find their Yes in him. That is why it is through him that we utter our Amen to God for his glory.

2 Corinthians 1:20 (NLT) For all of God’s promises have been fulfilled in Christ with a resounding “Yes!” And through Christ, our “Amen” ascends to God for his glory.

God has already answered YES to the promises which He made in His Word. So, when we pray for those things which He has promised, we can celebrate our agreement with God by saying Amen.  “Amen is a word taken straight over into Greek from Hebrew without any translation just like it has come into English and most other languages without any translation. In Hebrew it was a very strong affirmation - a formal, solemn, earnest I agree, or I affirm what you just said or This is true. Most simply ‘Amen’ means a very earnest YES in the context of addressing God.” ...AMEN means, Yes Lord, you can do it. It means, Yes, Lord, you are powerful. Yes, Lord, you are merciful. Yes, Lord, all future grace comes from you and has been confirmed in Christ. Amen is an exclamation point of hope after a prayer for help.” (Future Grace - Piper pg. 100,106)

PRAYER: Lord, may I believe your promises and Trust You to fulfill them. Lord God, help me to Celebrate the fact that I can come into Your very presence through prayer, and that with You there is ALWAYS hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment