God's Word is Powerful

God's Word is Powerful

Thursday, March 15, 2012

I HATE GOODBYES!!

I HATE GOODBYES!  It has not always been that way.  When I was in High school I could get caught up in the adventure of being away at camp for 8 weeks and not miss home or family all that much.  But after I married Carol - saying goodbye to her or our daughters when they still lived at home was never enjoyable.  I did - many times - but I never liked it.  Yes once I got into the trip I enjoyed the ministry part of it.  It was always amazing to see God doing wonderful things in the lives of people.  It was exciting to see God use me in some way to encourage or help others.  But getting home was always so wonderful.  I am glad that God understands me and that He does not condemn me that I hate the last couple of days before I actually start a trip.  I am glad that in His compassion He watches over me and gives me the grace to go and watches over Carol and gives her the grace to send me on my way.  I Love these verses that tell us of the compassion of God. 

PSALM 103:13-17 (NLT)  The Lord is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him. [14] For he understands how weak we are; he knows we are only dust. [15] Our days on earth are like grass; like wildflowers, we bloom and die. [16] The wind blows, and we are gone -as though we had never been here. [17] But the love of the Lord remains forever with those who fear him....

Our God is like the perfect father who is both tender and compassionate.  WHY?  Because He knows us He understands us, after all He is the one who made us.  God knows that we are not much more that grass or wild flowers which bloom and die.  We have a life cycle built into us by our God.  We are born we live and we die.  The difference between us and the flowers of the field is that God LOVES US and after we are saved we enter into a personal Relationship with Him.  He loves us with a Love that NEVER FAILS. His Love remains even when we our faith is weak and struggling.  His Love remains even when we struggle to do what He has called us to do.  His love remains even when we have to say goodbye for a time to those we love.  His love and compassion is why we can count on His strength and help during those times when we are struggling. 

Prayer:  O God, You have proved Your Love over and over but especially in knowing and understanding me.  Even though You know me so well You still Love me and have pour out your Love and Compassion on me.  THANK You.  Thank You that you understand that I hate to say goodbye but that I still go trusting You in those times of separation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment